The Benefits of Steel Barndominiums
The exciting thing about Barndominium homes is that as well as offering a stylish solution to your building needs, they also offer a wide range of other benefits that you can look forward to. Take a look at some of the following benefits before you decide to buy into the world of Barndominium kits:
• You can design the home that suits your needs
When it comes to organizing your Barndominium plans with cost in mind, you will be pleased to know that each building can be created to suit your needs, design ideas, and budget. Simply work with our expert designers to create the building that works for you.
• Barndominium Kits are cost-effective
Building your own home can be daunting and expensive, but when it comes to the Barndominium kits, you will be surprised and pleased to know that it is an affordable solution.
• Metal Barndominiums are durable
Choosing to install a metal building will not just save you time and money, but it will provide you with a durable building that will last for many decades with minimal maintenance even in areas that experience extreme weather.
• Steel Barndominiums offer open-plan living
Barn living has long been a popular choice for people that like light and airy spaces. From the high ceilings to large open rooms, you can create the open plan living you’ve been planning.
• Each home is simple to assemble
Ordering a metal building and assembling it is easier than you probably realize. With Barndo kits arriving at the site, you can even consider installing it yourself. If you want to get a builder to install it for you, then don’t search for ‘Barndominium builders near me’, instead let Steel Carports complete the job!
• You can add to your Barndo as your needs change
Another significant perk of opting for a Barndo is that you can expand it as your family grows or as your needs change. Adding additional space is a much simpler and cheaper process when you have a metal building!
Customizing Barndominium Houses with a Range of Options
Customizing Barndominium homes means that you can install a one-of-a-kind home that suits your style and your needs. The great news is that there are a wide variety of customization options that you can choose from:
- Size – when you know the space you have available for your new Barndominium, then we can help you to come up with plans to maximize your space and deliver the size building that you want.
- Color – as well as offering a number of color options, we also allow you to pick out different colors for your panels, roof, and trim, giving you the reins to create a home that reflects your personality.
- Windows & Doors – Windows and doors help to personalize your space even more, and we can fit the number and size of these items that you want with ease.
- Steel Framing – the majority of our Barndos are built with 14-gauge steel, but if you are looking for a thicker option, then we offer 12-gauge too. Plus, the roof can be built in 26- or 29- gauge.
- Certification – if you live in an area with extreme weather, then our certification options will give you the confidence that your building has been engineered to cope with both wind and snow loads.
Getting Your Site Ready for Your New Barndo
When you choose a metal building, you are getting access to the simplest way of building. However, you will need to get the site properly prepared before installation so that the installation crew can install your new building with ease.
Site preparation requires keen attention to detail and involves clearing the area of rocks, stumps, plants, and trees. Once this has been done, we would advise that you excavate the topsoil, lay your foundation, and smooth and level the area ready for building to begin.
How Much Does the Average Barndominium Cost?
Many people get in touch to ask for prices, and we explain that this is difficult to do without sizing and location information. When you have an idea of what you want to achieve, then our team will be able to give you a price to consider.
We understand that paying for a brand-new building outright is nearly impossible for most of us, and so we offer two different payment options in addition to you paying in full.
- First, our rent-to-own option allows you to pay your fees each month without credit checks and can be paid off early without incurring additional fees.
- Secondly, we can, with the support of a number of financing firms, offer you the opportunity to organize hassle-free financing, which can be paid off in monthly installments and has no early settlement fees.
Why Not Buy a Barndominium Kit?
If you love DIY and want to save some cash, then why not invest in one of our Barndominium kits? Each kit comes ready to be installed and includes all the parts you will need to put it together. All you need is your tools, your friends and a bit of spare time! When you choose a Barndo kit from Steel Carports, then you can look forward to the highest quality materials that have been engineered to last.
Do You Need a Building Permit?
Before you start planning your brand new Barndominium, it is essential that you find out whether you need any building permits first. Failure to get the right permits could mean that you are forced to remove your new building from the site or pay a huge fine.
Get in touch with your local municipal office and ask them about the zoning ordinances in your area. They will be able to advise you on what you need to do and how to apply if you do need a permit. The good news is that these applications are usually straightforward and just require you to show your land deeds and property plans.
Be aware that issuing permits can take a bit of time, so get your application in as soon as possible so that it doesn’t delay the installation.
Barndo at Steel Carports
If you are ready to buy your new Barndominium but don’t know who to choose, then come to us here at Steel Carports! Not only are we America’s leading dealer of steel buildings, but we also have the widest range of options for you to choose from.
Our commitment to customer care sets us apart from the crowd, and our dedicated team of experts are on hand and ready to help you achieve a building that meets your needs. With flexible payment options and delivery all over the US, we can get your new steel building to you in next to no time! Call us today at +1 (833) 647-8335 to get started.