Steel Gauges Options for Your Boxed-Eave Carport
- A 12-gauge steel frame (can be an upgrade)
- A 14 gauge steel frame
Certified A-Frame Roof Metal Carports
The 12-gauge steel frame is stronger and sturdier, and you get a 20-year rust-through warranty included with your purchase. We can get your steel carport certified, and by doing so, you’ll have the assurance that your A-frame carport complies with your local building code requirements. Certification is the equivalent of a stamp of approval that ensures that your carport complies with the state and local snow load and wind ordinances. Without this, you could face a fine, depending on your local ordinances where you live.
Once certified, your A-frame horizontal carport can withstand wind speeds of more than 90 mph, and it can support snow loads from 20 pounds per square foot to 90 pounds per square foot. Certified steel carports include extra bows and braces and come with stronger anchors to ensure that the structure is stable after installation.
Customization Options and Features for Your Boxed-Eave Carport
- Insulating the Roof
- Gabled Ends (Gables reduce the clearance height, but the feature gives the roofline a more sophisticated and elegant look. The gabled ends will increase the overall strength of your carport, too.)
- Extra Roof Panels
- Extra Braces
- Extra Bows and Legs
- Height Extensions
- Concrete or Mobile Home Anchors
- Concrete Ground Supports (Optional)
- Pitch Adjustment Above the Standard 3/12